Octopus Pickle (Vindaye) Recipe is very famous in Mauritius. Vindaye is very common in Mauritius and in fact, we can prepare it in both ways Non-Veg and Veg. The word ‘Vindaye’ is a Mauritian name given to a dish which includes the same spices as Pickles but we do add more ingredients to it such as onions, curry leaves and tomato.
Octopus Pickle (Vindaye) Recipe
- 750 gms of Octopus
- 3 green Chillies
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbs of Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp of Turmeric powder
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 2 big sliced Onion
- 1 tsp or white Vinegar
- 2 tbs of Oil
- Salt to taste
- - Wash the octopus well.
- - Put it in a pressure cooker and add enough water.
- - Let it cook for about 8 minutes.
- - Turn off the heat and transfer the octopus into a bowl.
- - Leave to cool down.
- - In the meantime, grind the mustard seeds and garlic.
- - Cut the green chillies into lengthwise shapes.
- - Now, cut the octopus into smaller size.
- - Heat oil in a pan and add the onion.
- - Leave to fry for a minute by stirring continuously.
- - Add the octopus and mix well.
- - Add the curry leaves and chillies and leave to cook for another 2 minutes by stirring continuously.
- - Finally, add the mustard, turmeric, garlic, vinegar and salt.
- - Combine all together.
- - Switch off the heat.
- - Transfer into a serving dish and serve along with bread.