Noodles are thin strips which are made from flour. They are very common in China as this is a special dish for the Chinese. Nowadays, fried or boiled noodles are very common worldwide.
Fried noodles were often served on Chinese New Year but now whenever one wishes to eat it, they can have it at home too. It is prepared along with many vegetables, eggs and meat. You can also have it with only vegetables if you are a vegetarian.
It is very popular in Mauritius too and is commonly known as ‘Mine Frite’. Today, I am going to share with you its recipe. It is very easy and you can add any vegetable or meat of your favourite.
Homemade Chinese Fried Noodles Recipe
200g of Fresh Noodles A handful of cut chinese chives 1 medium Carrot, julienned 1/2 medium shredded Cabbage 3 Eggs 250g of Chicken A handful of Bean Sprouts 4 cloves of chopped Garlic 1 tbs of Fish Sauce 1/2 tbs of Dark Soy Sauce 1 tbs of Oyster Sauce Salt to taste 1 tsp of Sugar A pinch of Pepper powder
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add in the chopped garlic and sugar and stir-fry until light brown.
3. Then, add the cabbage, carrot, and a pinch of salt and stir fry well.
4. Now add the bean sprouts and chives and stir fry them and put them in a separate bowl.
5. Now beat the eggs along with salt and pepper and fry them.
6. Cut the eggs into stripes.
7. Wash and cut the chicken in stripes too and fry them along with 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce, salt to taste, a pinch of pepper powder and 1 crushed garlic.
8. Finally, add the noodles, eggs, vegetables, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper in the fried chicken and with the help of either chopsticks or fork, mix them well.
9. Serve hot with Garlic and Chilli Sauce.
Please note that you can also add Red, Yellow or Green Pepper cut into cubes, fried shrimps, zucchini, broccoli, and leafy chinese greens too.