Vegetable Soup is very nutritious. It is rich in iron, Vitamin B, Protein, Vitamin C and Vitamin A too depending on the vegetables you are going to add in it. Many people have that thought that soup must be taken only when a person is sick but it is not so. You can take it any time you wish to as it helps to give your body a lot of Vitamins, Iron and Protein. It is best for your health.
The recipe I am going to share with you today is a traditional home-style soup which is a nutritious meal in itself. As per your choice, you can add more vegetables to it and you can take it along with wheat bread toast and green salads.Wheat bread toast is best for those who are on diet process and of course, it is best than the white bread toast. It keeps one healthy and it is lesser in Cholesterol.
Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 Carrots diced
- 1 medium Celery Stalk with leaves shredded
- 2 Potatoes scrubbed and diced
- 1/2 medium diced Turnip
- 2 diced Tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of Thyme
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh Parsley
- 125 g diced Pumpkin
- 2 shredded Leeks Stalk
- 1 diced Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of Garlic and Ginger paste
- 1 small bunch of shredded Coriander Leaves
- 1 tablespoon of cooking Oil
- Pour the oil in your pressure cooker over moderate heat.
- Add onion, tomatoes, leeks and celery and let them cook for a few minutes till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add all the vegetables, thyme, parsley, pepper, garlic and ginger paste, and salt.
- Stir for three minutes.
- Add enough water to the mixture, cover the pressure cooker and leave to boil till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the coriander leaves.
- Now it is ready to be served in china bowls along with toast and green salads.