Raw mango is a valuable source of vitamin C. It contains more vitamin C than half-ripe or fully ripe mangoes. It is also a good source of vitamin B1 and B2 and contains sufficient amount of niacin. Mango is used as food in all stages of its development. When it is raw, then you can make pickles. chutney, salad and when it is half ripe, you can eat it with salt and chilii powder. Finally when it is ripe, you can make Mango Lassi, Mango Juice, and many more.
This Mauritian Mango Kutcha is very tasty. It is very easy to prepare in less time and is appreciated by everyone. It is served with rice or Indian breads such as pharatas, nans, puris, etc. . .
Raw Mango Kutcha Recipe
- Serves: 8 persons
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs green Mangoes
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 cup Oil
- 2 green Chillies
- 3 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1 teaspoon powdered Mustard
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the mangoes.
- Cut the flesh away from the pits.
- Grate the mangoes or crush them in a mortar.
- Heat oil and take it away from the oven.
- Add turmeric and crushed garlic.
- Then, add the grated mangoes.
- Mix in the mustard and salt.
- Decorate the Kutcha with sliced green chillies on the top.
- Put in a jar and top with olive oil. .
It can be refrigerated to keep for several days