Coconut Burfi Recipe
- Serves: 25 pieces
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups of finely grated Fresh Coconut
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Light Cream
- 3/4 cup of Caster Sugar
- 3 drops of Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon of Cardamom Powder
- Combine the grated coconut, milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan.
- Boil the mixture over high heat.
- Stir it continuously until it is reduced to about one-half volume.
- Lower the heat to moderate.
- Let the mixture reduce while constantly stirring it until it forms a firm mass that pulls away from the sides of the saucepan.
- Add the Vanilla Essence and cardamom powder.
- Pour the coconut burfi onto a slightly buttered tray.
- Press the mixture with the help of a spatula.
- When it is cool, cut into 25 squares.
- You can store them in an airtight container and may be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
The Benefits of Coconut
It is good for you to know a bit about the benefits of coconut as it helps us in staying healthy and fit.
Here are the advantages of adding coconut to our day-to-day life are:
1. It is an anti-bacterial which fights against infections both viral or bacterial.
2. Coconut Oil is best for your hair growth.
3. It is an anti-cancer as it fights against colon and breast cancer.
4. Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk. It has less fat and no cholesterol. It contains lauric acid which is present in mother’s milk. It helps you to come out from hangovers too.
Coconut has so many benefits that when you use it in your food, it enriches your food too.